I'm thinking of adding a weekly "event" if you will to my blog .. .like oh so many bloggers I find myself picking up and slacking off ..although i slack off alot more than i pick up .. thoughts?? anyone else done a weekly event??
So as I am trying to read a bit more ...I will update some reviews and I will try to not have any spoilers ... .
TA-DAAAAAAA .. here is the first book review:
**********************The Shack by William P. Young ********************
The character development (or lack thereof) in this novel is what ruins it from the get-go for me. Mack (the main character) starts out as a husband and father who loves every moment of his life. His children are angels, his wife is the mother of these angels who calls god papa (I'm sorry what???). He is overly emotional, before the "great sadness" in his life and is completely unrelateable. If I can't relate (at all) to your characters or your book which is "supposedly" a true story, then we are probably not going to get along. And let it be said that me and "willie(the author) dont really see eye to eye. Btw the "great sadness," which is used to describe a time in Mack's life after a family tragedy is the worst use of the English language. This book can not get any more cliched or uncreative than it already has become.
If you are religious and you like to hear conversations that go like this "well since i'm god, i am love, and i live in love and i am only love and ...." then by all means jump on board this roaring train ....i mean this scooter .. cause your in for a roaring good time. (Can i get two thumbs down?)
That being said I was able to take some "gems?" out of this book. Please note I use the word gem ever. so. lightly. Now that being said, these gems really have nothing to do with religion. I took out of this book a couple of ideas on how to approach my relationships in a new way. That's it and it probably wasn't worth the aggony of continuing to read this book.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Thursday Book Review?
Posted by lysh at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment