Yeah my first post! As usual I had no idea where to start ..so we will go with the book i'm currently reading ..
I know they (they being my 10th great English teach Mr. Albert) always said to not start your writing off with a quote from someone else . . but I always hate that rule. So I would like to start off with a quote from one Ms. Mary Ann McMullen "This is a hot button issue, so if you are easily offended, I would urge you to read on, because the more you are exposed to differing views of your own, the less you will be generally offended." hehehe she cracks me up ..please read her blog if you enjoy a good laugh (and who doesn't?).
Anyway this book, seems to be a hot button issue .. probably not so much out of Utah ..but in Utah it is .. . I keep hearing about it on the local news and at work .. blah blah blah .. So I decided to see what all the hype was about .. . .So far i'm not sure why ..now granted I am only 47 pages into this book, but it seems to be a book against polygamy . .not the mormon church. So far I must say .. IT'S A MUST READ! Put it on your to do list, your task reminder, your technical devices etc .. . the author is quite humorous with my favorite quote being the title of one chapter "Welcome to Flippin' Utah." heheh
Anyway, I'd like to do a book club if anyone else would want to??? Maybe we can start with this one?

7 comments:
I am so glad you started a blog, I have a blog addiction so I am following you now :)
I need some new books to read (there's nothing else to do in hotels lol) so I might have to add this one to my Amazon Order.
I have been wanting to start a book club too, I love to read! We should swap books! I've read a few memoirs written by women who grew up in Colorado City recently- I think polygamy is really fascinating. By the way- have you been down to COlorado City before? It's just an hour or so outside of St. George, it's crazy down there. (This is Angela by the way)
I have not been to colorado city and we could def. swap books. hailey put it on your to do list!
I am almost done with this book and I still don't see why it is so conterversial. It has many exerpts from the original 19th Wife book but acknowledges that her stories may be biased.
I am extremely interested in a book club. I am in one right now but it's taken on this kind of self help theme. It seems like every book we read is a new version of The Secret. So looking for a new, less serious one.
honored by the quote... thanks.
if i knew how to read, i would read that book. i love the show Big Love though. such a weird concept having multiple spouces is. i am so monogomous by nature.
yeah carly! a bunch of my friends are starting a book club ..it will be great .. and mary .. you know you had your polygamous days .. dont deny .. haha jk
Lysh-I read this book too, and since I live in Vermont which is about as far removed from Utah as one can be, I'd love to know what you think of it. Oh...and I love the reference to Mr. Albert-I cite him to my kids ALL the time! :)
Post a Comment