BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Learning a lesson through my "children"

Alright so I have to admit it’s a bit shocking to learn that you are still learning things about yourself at the age of 26. Now this may just be me, because I can be pretty oblivious to my surroundings; however I would have thought I would notice something that now seems so very blatant. It was recently pointed out to me that I am clumsy ..and of course when I was told this .. I said "psh .. what? (craxy face) your nuts ..no im not" And the following event occured(in no particular order)

1. Opening bottle of beer with bottle opener - cut finger - damn! (literally minutes after the clumsy convo ... impeccable timing!)

--it's hard to see ..but there it is that damn cut

2. Walking to living room with beer and I slammed my right toe, and left foot (don't ask) into leg of couch OUCH!
3. Cursed myself and the "informant," left room, came back in again and slammed my entire right foot into couch and cut toe .. seriously? wtf? It was like I was aiming for the couch .....

So of course, at this point I’m annoyed because I’m oblivious (which I already knew), but also clumsy. Don’t worry the next thing to happen to me goes as follows. I decided to play with rogue and rogue has this "toy" which is basically left over pieces of an old tug toy. well the remaining piece is plastic. hard plastic with tons of teeth marks in it ..and so I look at it and tell myself ..no lets not play with that because it could cut you. However, I continue to play near this toy and of course Rogue grabs it ..I grab her and cut my other finger. Currently I type this with 2 bandaged fingers .. I’m 26 .. not a 4 year old

--Rogue with her unholy toy .. damn toy


The innocent bystander, watching it all go down. I'm sure he saw it all before it happened and was thinking "tsk tsk mom, dont do it. just say no"

Alright so lesson learned. yes I am clumsy. damn it.

4 comments:

Hailey said...

Oh man, of course all of that has to happen right after it was pointed out to you, hopefully your cuts heal quickly. And "kids" have a way of proving a point and making you feel stupid at the most inopportune times, but you love them anyways lol.

lysh said...

heheh ..of course ...

Mary said...

Are you clumsy or just drunk all the time? LOL. How many of those stories involved alcohol. Lush... errr... Lysh, think about it ;)

lysh said...

i had one bottle of beer. one! plus i think i become less clumsy with more alcohol..until i hit that drunk point and then im just back to clumsy